** When shopping online with Amazon Choose CoLungs4life . #StartWithaSmile at smile.amazon.com for your gifts and Amazon donates to Colorado Lungs4Life. **
Check out Co Lungs4Life interiew 4/11/2016 with Channel 9 News. Just click here! http://www.9news.com/.../keeping-the-lung.../128474837
- The Cancer Centers of Colorado at Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver is Colorado’s only accredited academic comprehensive cancer program. Patients at Saint Joseph Hospital have access to the same kinds of high-quality treatment, state-of-the-art technologies and innovative research found at national cancer institutes. Yet, as part of a faith-based, mission-driven healthcare system, Saint Joseph Hospital provides person-centered care to every person in need, no matter what.
- The Cancer Centers of Colorado at Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver received an Outstanding Achievement Award and was recognized as one of the top 75 accredited cancer programs in the country by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer in 2014.
- Lung cancer continues to be the predominant cause of cancer related mortality for both men and women in the U.S. Saint Joseph Hospital treated 171 individuals diagnosed with lung cancer in 2014, making it Colorado’s largest lung cancer treatment provider. One-year survival rates for Saint Joseph Hospital patients diagnosed with Stage 3 and 4 lung cancer continue to exceed state and national averages.
- Saint Joseph Hospital is collaborating with Colorado QuitLine, National Jewish Health and Kaiser Permanente to provide a best-practice tobacco cessation program for all Saint Joseph Hospital patients to help more people quit using tobacco and decrease their risk for lung cancer.
- Saint Joseph Hospital’s partnership with National Jewish Health, the nation’s leading lung and respiratory research and treatment health organization, means patients have increased access to important clinical trials, new technologies and treatments, and a truly one-of-a-kind interventional pulmonary lab.
- At Saint Joseph Hospital, lung tumors are routinely tested for a series of mutations that indicate the potential success of targeted therapies. Multiple randomized trials have shown that using drugs that target mutations in advanced lung cancers with certain mutations generate better responses with fewer negative side effects for patients than what is seen with standard chemotherapeutic approaches.
- Patients at Saint Joseph Hospital have access to TrueBeam ™ image guided radiotherapy and radiosurgery technology that targets moving tumors with increased accuracy and reduced radiation to non-affected organs and tissues.
- Dr. Richard B. Hesky, M.D. specializes in medical oncology and hematology at Saint Joseph Hospital. He completed medical school at the University of Arizona and completed an internship and residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in hematology and oncology all at the University of Colorado Medical Center. He is board-certified in medical oncology and is a member of the Saint Joseph Hospital Cancer Committee.
- Learn more at www.saintjosephdenver.org
LUNG CANCER FACTS
- Lung cancer is the leading cancer killer in both men and women in the United States. In 1987, it surpassed breast cancer to become the leading cause of cancer deaths in women.1
- Lung cancer causes more deaths than the next three most common cancers combined (colon, breast and pancreatic). An estimated 158,040 Americans are expected to die from lung cancer in 2015, accounting for approximately 27 percent of all cancer deaths.
(Info from American Lung Association)
BUSINESS SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Contact us for different sposorship levels.
We also offer Vendor tent opportunities from $75-$100. Please call or email for additional info.